Rolling Thunder .50Cal Box Press Double Ligero
- Factory: Top Secret Cigar Bunker
- Wrapper: Mexican San Andreas
- Binder: Nicaraguan
- Filler: Dominican Ligero
- Size: 56 x 6
- Price: $9
- Upon opening i notice the construction of this new .50 is completely different than Rolling Thunder Cigars previous releases. He mentioned having a new manufacturer and it definitely shows. The quality of construction is outstanding.
- The cold draw brings notes of bitter cocoa. As I light and get into this cigar Im rushed with a black pepper spiciness, strong leather with very faint cocoa on the exhale.
- The 2nd 1/4 to the middle bring all the usual flavor suspects you would expect from a full bodied cigar. Pepper, leather and wood/cedar. A strong hay profile comes out. Its burning perfectly so far. Let rest between draws.
- 3/4 of the way down the pepper wanes substantially in the front of the mouth on the inhale but a spice lingers strongly at the back of the throat on the exhale. No doubt about this being a full bodied cigar. Hay and leather flavors continue and a slight acidic flavor profile appears.
- To the nub the spice on the back of the throat slightly grows while the leather and earthy flavors take over the cigar. While not a complex stick it produces smoke like a 3 alarm fire. I had to touch up the burn a couple of times on the last 1/4 but it burned beautifully throughout.
More Cigar Reviews